Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Tuesday 5 November 2013

You Colour My World

* 2nd post of the day - please scroll down *
I have been playing around with art journalling again and decided to just do a background and come back to it another time. I put gesso on the page first.




 This is actually my second go at it as originally I just wrote the word colour but it didn't stand out enough. I went back and used the alternate colours on the letters.

It still didn't stand out enough tho....


It still looks a bit rough and sketchy but the words pop a bit more!
Acrylic Paint
Uniball Gel Impact Black
Uniball Signo White
Archival Black Ink Pad
LOTS of stamps!

I am entering this page into the following challenges;

Pan Pastel UK - Mixing Mediums/Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Linky Party
One Little Word - Colour


5 comments:

catherine said...

I like this page Debs and the colours are great.
x catherine

Clare Lloyd said...

It is fab debs, glad to see you doing some art journaling. Thanks for joining us at one little word. X

Sandy said...

It looks great, the word Colour does pop more in your final photo! Thanks for sharing your journal page with us at Make It Monday this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

loz said...

Beautiful page and colors Debbie. I saw this on MIM..Loz

lisa said...

Love those bold colours.
Stunning.
Thanks for playing along with us at OLW x