Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Monday 5 January 2015

November Ivy Moon (Moonshine)


I sketched out the leaves first of all and added my green aquatints to white paint. The colour was far to light so I added black and green aquatints to white paint and painted over them. I waited til they were dry to go over them with matte medium as I wanted to try a glaze but the mm changed the colour slightly again. I quite like the effect it had and it helps them look less 'flat'.  As the glaze was a no go I used neocolour crayons in the background and did a bit of secondary stamping.

One step closer to finishing moonshine!


2 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

They look great. They literally pop off the page don't they. Lx

Kathyk said...

The built up layers help this layout to rock!

Kathyk