Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Sunday 4 January 2015

January Gratitude Journal Page

I decided to buy some canvas and bind my own journal. I wasn't sure how to decorate the outside so went for patchwork effect but not sure if I like it now.





I went over it with white to mute it but still may go over it and start again.


I started off with neocolours but the colours look quite muted in this pic. I used dylusions spray and a memory box stencil. Acrylic paint on a bottle lid and the leftover paint around the edges.

Hope you have had some chance to get crafty this weekend!




5 comments:

Kathyk said...

Hi there, if you're still not happy with the cover then the BOKEH effect might be perfect for you .... vids on youtube but basically white paint (I used GESSO) through a stencil ....

LOVE your red/yellow page matey

Happy New Year

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Debs. I'm so impressed that you made your own journal and I love the way your first page has turned out.

Great colours on your cover so I'll wait to see how you progress with that. Laying down colour always seems to be the first stage so I suspect that once you decide where you want to go with it next you'll be happier. I love the fact that you can change your mind and just start again if you want to though.

Lx

Cherry said...

Looking fab Debs. Canvas looks great. If you are not happy keep going with layers. Way to go for a crafting start to the year. Hugs Cherry xxx

Craftyrose said...

Looks fab Debs xx

Craftyrose said...

Looks fab Debs xx