Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Thursday 29 January 2015

DLP Week 4

January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!
January 24
Art Challenge:  Writing
Journal Prompt:  Words with Friends


 I saw this idea on a tutorial by Effy Wild - I wrote a letter to my best friend who unfortunately passed away from leukemia several years ago. I wrote in watercolour pencil and the gesso'd over it to cover/smear the writing.


I had some offcuts of Tim Holtz tissue paper lying around so used matte medium to stick them down and  scribbled with my neocolour crayons.


 I added more scribbles and added water then scraped some white paint around to push the colour back.


I added stamps, circles and a tag with 'Just Listen' on it as sometimes the biggest part of being a friend is doing just that.

Hope you are well and the weather isn't too bad where you are!


7 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Oh fabulous debs.

Lauren Hatwell said...

It IS fabulous! An absolute triumph! Lx

Kathyk said...

Cool project, a great idea and splendidly done, Debs

Kathyk

catherine said...

This is a great page Debs and so personal to you.
x catherine

Cherry said...

Such a personal page Debs. It is really special and gorgeous. I love your page. I am struggling with this prompt and have not started yet. Have a good weekend - don't get too wet. hugs Cherry xxxx

Alexeya said...

That is such a lovely idea and page. Great work hon x

Sarn said...

What a great idea! xxx