Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Mother's Day Magic

I really struggled with this card - after getting into art journalling I really didn't want to have to colour an image in. Luckily my crafty pal Kathy taught me the bokeh technique whilst we were away at craftathon.


I smooshed some distress inks on my craft sheet and spritzed with water. I wiped up the ink with my card and dried it with my heat gun. I then inked through the stencil with the same colour ink but more concentrated. I then stamped over the stencilling.


I then used pearl acrylic paint to stencil again. I had to use memento ink for the image as the archival would not stamp well over the paint - it as really faint and in places hardly came out at all.
I matted with black card and added a sentiment to the bottom.

For Mother's Day me and my sister took my Mum out for afternoon tea and shopping - we had a lovely day :)



Hope your week is going well


3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Well it looks great to me, Debs, glad you liked the technique and I hope your mum loved the card.

The afternoon tea looks DELISH!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabulous! Really so effective. I love how it turned out and I bet your mum was thrilled to bits with it. Lx

catherine said...

Looks a fabulous card Debs and the colours are beautiful. I know what you mean- I find it so hard to make cards these days like I used too!! Signs that we must be getting a lot more creative
x catherine