Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Friday 6 February 2015

Just in case it doesn't get any better than this....

I thought I should take a pic of my outline of a face. I sketched it first with a white stabilo all and then went over with a black marker which smudged when I put the gesso in..


I will be painting her with flesh tones so it doesn't matter too much. I decided to give myself a break from my my small dylusions and strathmore journals as I struggle to do faces but I think it's even harder when they are tiny.



I tore the pages out of a watercolour pad and hole punched them. I used the back pieces as protecters and smeared paint all over them. I plan to do something arty with them but so far that just means stamping and colouring stamps :)

Hope you have a crafty weekend planned


3 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Looks great debs.

Kathyk said...

Looking good and liking the warm colours so far

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's looking great. I can't wait to see it progress. Lx