Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Bitten by the stitching bug again...

I recently started getting into my x stitch again - mainly due to instagram as there as so many posts of lovely pieces of work and progress pix. 

I have lots of fabric and felt and threads....



and decided I need to start using them up. As I have quite a lot of red felt I may make some crimble decorations. I also have a few bell pulls so will do a crimble one and probably a halloween one as I have some purple felt too.

 I recently did a card for my niece and have decided to do 3 pieces for my Mum for her birthday (if I finish in time).




This is the first piece - I changed it slightly and added some metallic threads to the butterfly. I also changed the frame to silver metallic thread (metallic thread is made in hell and sent to try us all as it shreds all the time!!!) as my Mum is decorating her bedroom in lilac and silver. I have a few silver photo frames so hopefully it will finish the pieces off nicely. 

Hope you are finding time to craft :)


2 comments:

Kathyk said...

And it turned out great Debbie

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's beautiful. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your stitching. It's great that you're taking it up again. Lx