Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Moonshine - Aphrodite

The lesson for this was how to do a gesso transfer but I just couldn't get it to work - I think my gesso is too cheap!


I printed off the image and glued it in and went over it with paint. The paint was too dark though and covered the features so I had to put the nose and mouth back in. I used a flesh tint for the darker areas on her face and just felt that she needed stars in her hair!

I added my heart background stamp (she is the goddess of love) and used a free star stamp from craft stamper. I stamped in white but it didn't show up too well so went over it with a darker colour - it worked out well though as now it looks like there is white shadowing behind it.

I used inktense blocks for eyes and lips and watercolour crayons for the background.

Have you been crafting this week?


8 comments:

catherine said...

This looks great Debs and lovely colours. I found that I had to invest in some better quality gesso as the one I had was too cheap for what I needed and too runny! The better stuff I find is better for colouring on to. You have done a great job with your page
x catherine

Kathyk said...

Thanks for the warning about cheap gesso - what brand did you have?

Your layout looks great - I like the little star stamp from Craft Stamper and how you used it too.

Despite the false starts you produced a smashing piece of work

Kathyk

Kathyk said...

Oh, and, HELL YEAH! I've been crafting this week!!! A "three texture" photo frame - it's taken FOREVER!!! You know me, I like to craft at the speed of light and, well, I couldn't with this project!!! Honestly, it was like watching paint dry!!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks great. You'd never know you had difficulty with your materials. Great idea to put stars in her hair. Lx

Donna Mosley said...

Wow! Debs, this is so gorgeous, love it!

Donna x

Jules said...

Hi Debbie

Wow!!

I am well impressed.

I wouldn't know where to start with a project like this!

Love your colour choices too.

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Clare Lloyd said...

she is beautiful debs.

Wishcraft said...

Looks gorgeous Debs, love the stars in her hair :o) Hugs, Lisa x