Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Tuesday 4 March 2014

A couple of work in progress pics...

I recently attended craftathon 2014 - which is a group of crafters from all over the uk meeting up for a weekend of crafting and laughs :)

My last post was a shoe box project and every crafter who attended brought a project along. The main project was to decorate a chipboard clock which started off looking like this


I haven't completed my clock as I was conscious of all the fabby projects there were to do - I ran out of time for a couple of those too!

My clock so far..


I put gesso on first and then used dylusion sprays for the background. I stamped with different inks and have used a star die cut that I will stick across the top.

A journal page that is also in progress..


I stuck pieces of paper down with matte medium and used distress paints over the top. I sprayed some book pages with inks and cut them into hearts.. I have plans for some journalling and more but I just need to find the time!

One I did finish..


As always the weekend was over too soon but it was filled with crafting, good food and drink and excellent company - we are already talking about next years!!

Hope your week is going well


5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

It WAS fun wasn't it. I really can't wait to see how your clock turns out. I love the gorgeous pink. I'm still in awe of your journal page with the hearts. I SO wish I'd thought of that. You've carried it off brilliantly.

Can't wait 'til next year now ;oD

Lx

Donna Mosley said...

Lots of gorgeous projects here Debs, LOVE the clock.

Donna x

Wishcraft said...

They look fab hun, lovely creations :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Kathyk said...

Your clock is looking fantabulous, Debs, thanks for your company this weekend - can hardly wait for Craftathon 2015!

Kathyk

lbwright22-loopylou said...

Great makes in progress. Even better that you get to continue after- extends the craftathon in a sense and gives you inspiration for the coming week.
Looks like you all had fun