Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Sunday, 22 July 2012

Twinkling Penny Black

Louise has set a just for fun challenge in the CMLI group which is Christmas in July. I used my new PB stamp (Twinkling) and stamped in brilliance pearlescent poppy.




I coloured the circles in with a glitter gold spica atyou pen. I am not sure how Christmassy it looked or whether I pulled it off or not...honest opinions please!


Twinkling #2


I have added red stickles and a sentiment following some advice from a friend..I think it looks much better now.


I will be entering this card into the following challenges;

Creatalicious Challenges  - Christmas in July
Quirky Crafts Challenges - Christmas in July
Annabelle Stamps  - Christmas


13 comments:

clare said...

they both look good. but the stickles and sentiment does finish it off nicely! x

Kathyk said...

Ditto what Clare said! That's a fab stamp and could easily be adapted for any occasion from sympathy to Christmas (as you just proved!)

Happy Sunday, Debs

Kathyk

Vicky said...

They are both fabulous Debs..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Cherry said...

I love that stamp, Debs. I love the card, the Stickles and sentiment do seem to finish it off perfectly but I like the stamped one for simplicity too. Hugs Cherry xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs the #2 card looks fabulous I agree with the others when they say the stickles and sentiment finish it off perfectly.
Hugs
Lorraine x

catherine said...

This looks such a really beautiful stamp Debs and has lots of uses for it. You have done a great job with it
x catherine

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Debs, love the image.

Donna x

Marie Gamber said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love the stamp! It is just super versatile !
Hugs,
Marie XX

Carole said...

Lovely simple elegant cards Debs. So pleased I popped by! C x

lostinpaper said...

Pure elegance and certainly 'Christmas worthy'! Love the added red stickles!
Thanks for sharing with us this week at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Kylie said...

I LOVE both your cards! CAS PERFECT and so Christmas worthy! Gorgeous work!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Marion said...

I think you can make any card a Christmas card - and yours definitely fits the bill. Thanks for playing with us at AnnaBelles this week.

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

Love the tree silhouette and stickles! Gorgeous card!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea