Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Saturday 17 August 2013

The Little Things #2

I am taking part in a summer time swap organised by Clare called The Little Things. The idea is make small swap materials (following Clare's tutorials) and we have a small box that everything will fit in for the swap.

Unfortunately I have fallen behind a bit as I have been MIA at home/on my blog, due to family illness. Everything is hopefully on the mend so I will try and catch up.

#2 is our cotton reel

I decorated a strip of watercolour card




I used gesso and versafine on the reel


I punched a flower and some small tags (there is a hidden message inside the strip)


I used a charm from the kit Clare supplied and tied it with a ribbon - I may try and find a lighter turquoise ribbon

I am entering my make into the following challenges;

Sister Act Card Challenge - Linky Party
Delightful Challenges - Anything but a Card
Make it Monday - Linky Party

Hope your Saturday is going well!


7 comments:

Kathyk said...

Well I like it as it is ..... if you really want to change it then how about colouring white ribbon with an alcohol marker, if you don't have the right colour ribbon?

What you off to tackle next then?

Kathyk

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Debs. hope things are ok and on the mend now
x catherine

Lilian said...

a great little project Debs
Hugs
lilian

Lilian said...

a great little project Debs
Hugs
lilian

Clare Lloyd said...

it's fab debs. x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous project, thank you for joining us over at MIM. Hugs Kerry x

Chris Hanselman said...

Such a cute project. Thanks for joining our Anything but a Card Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

~~Chris
DC-DT